In the 1960s and 1970s
Beijing Yihua Musical Instrument Factory
Beijing Yihua Musical Instrument Factory was founded on May 1, 1952. After the public-private joint operation in 1954, it was named as Public-Private Partnership Yihua Musical Instrument Factory. In 1965, it was officially named as Beijing Wind Instrument Factory. "Xinghai" trademark was used for the products. During the first Five-Year-Plan, more than 50 kinds of western wind instruments and percussion instruments were successfully trial produced and more than 40 were put into production. With the comparation between 1952 and 1957, the production of piano, organ, violin, western wind instrument, and national musical instrument was increased from 10, 0, 100, 48, over 10 thousand to 104, 3191, 2109, 1856, 99 thousand respectively. The trial production of these products not only filled the blanks of many kinds of musical instruments in the markets of Beijing and China, but also initiated the export of domestic piano, national musical instrument and western wind instrument in 1956 and 1957. This is the end of China's complete reliance on import of western musical instrument and also the first page of its export history.